Do I require a broadcast licence?

Online audience is a UK-based company, therefore we do have to enforce online broadcast regulations. This means you need written permission by all rights owners to the music you play or a license from the organization that hands these out. If you play royalty free music you don't need this.

The following is required for our UK-based clients (as described above):
For online broadcast, two licences are required. One from PPL & one from PRS For Music - for both licences combined, it will cost you just over £300 for the bare minimum package.

For other countries we suggest to contact your local authorities or ask for suggestions in the community.

We do not force any of our users to purchase these licences and will not suspend any services if we find that they are not licenced. However, if we receive a complaint from PPL, PRS or a music artist/record label - we will be forced to remove the audio file which has been complained about. This could also lead to termination of the main account. You will be notified of this before anything is deleted from your account.

  • 3 Users Found This Useful
Was this answer helpful?

Related Articles

Getting Started Centova

The first question I have to ask is if you want to use the AutoDJ or not? First I'll explain...

How long will it take to activate my Services ?

How long does it take to activate my account? Most products are activated immediately...

Powered by WHMCompleteSolution